JOB SUMMARY To develop, maintain, manage and execute a comprehensive process for identifying, assessing, mitigating, monitoring and reporting on all forms of risks that may impact on organizational performance.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES The ’‘ADVISER’’ will be assigned the following primary responsibilities:
- Proactively providing risk management advice across the group, proactively identifying emerging risks and advising the Board/Management on appropriate risk management options;
- Reporting on key risks, including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks (e.g. in relation to specific deals);
- Define the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework and establish guidelines for the development and implementation of supporting policies and procedures.
- Work closely with departments to facilitate the implementation of the Company’s risk management framework, including the on-going identification of risks, assessment and recording of business risks, definition of risk mitigation strategies, assignment of risk owners, monitoring and reporting on compliance with laid down policies and procedures on risk management.
- Overseeing risk reporting to the Board on risk management best practice
- Providing early risk management advice to the Board and Senior Managers on new or unusual activities (e.g. major acquisitions, expansion into new markets)
- Conduct periodic (scheduled and unscheduled) compliance checks across the Company’s operations in accordance with the Company’s laid down policies and procedures.
- Recommend relevant sanctions and penalties for the approval of the MD, based on outcomes of compliance checks.
- Monitor and review the Company’s risk management policies and procedures, methodology, frameworks and tools for continued relevance, and suggest amendments necessary to update them on an on-going basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional qualifications such as CRM, GARP, ACCA, ICAN CIMA or CISA is required.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Risk Management and/or Finance/Accounting will be an added advantage;
- Significant experience in financial services particularly in the areas of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice (at least 15 years, of which 6 should be in a senior managerial role)
- Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements;
- Knowledge in the regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes in Nigeria
- Ability to working under pressure